India has a length of 15,200 km. It has its coastline with the Lakshadweep islands and the Andaman & Nicobar Island. India has Himalayan Mountain in its North and Indian Ocean fringes to its South. The map of India is of Diamond shape with having 7 countries sharing its border with India worldwide.
Neighboring Countries of India and Their Capitals
India is known to be the second most populous country in the world and owing a good social, political and economic status throughout the world.
- Pakistan – Pakistan is a South Asian country having a geographical coastline along with the Arabian Sea and the Gulf of Oman. The total area covered by the Pakistan, all over the world is 7,96,095 sq km. The states which are associated with the border of Pakistan include Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan and Gujarat also.
- Afghanistan – The state which shares its boundary is Jammu and Kashmir. Afghanistan is located in the Central Asia with an area of about 6,52,230 sq km. The highest ratio of the population in Afghanistan follows Islamic region.
- Nepal – Nepal shares it border with the North East of India and spans over an area of 1,47,181 sq km. It consists of the largest number of longest peaks in the world. Kathmandu is the capital of Nepal.
- Bhutan – State of West Bengal, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh and Assam shares their boundary with Bhutan. It spreads over an area of about 38,394 sq km.
- China – China is the world’s most populous country. Having a total land area of 95,96.960 sq km, the capital of China is Beijing. The Indian neighbors of China are Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh.
- Myanmar (Burma) – Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur and Mizoram are the neighbors of Burma.
- Bangladesh – Finally Bangladesh and India have the longest sharing border in the world. It has an area of 1,43,998 sq km. West Bengal, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Tripura and Assam have their shared boundaries with Bangladesh.
Thus, these are the 7 Neighboring Countries of India and Their Capitals which share their border lines with India.